WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email email@example.com
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A. Responsibility to society
1. I shall exercise reasonable skill and care in conformity with the normal standards of my interior design profession, competence in the conduct of my business and act at all times with honesty.
2. In performing professional services, I shall at all times consider the health, safety and welfare of the public.
3. I shall accept a professional obligation to enhance quality of life within the community through design excellence.
4. In performing professional services, I shall not knowingly violate the law or advise or assist clients in conduct I know to be illegal.
5. I shall not make misleading, deceptive or false statements or claims regarding my professional qualifications, experience or performance.
6. I shall undertake to perform professional services only when I am qualified by education, training or experience to do so.
7. I shall endeavour to act in the best interests of ecology and the natural environment and wherever possible to promote the conservation of energy and the recycling of materials.
B. Responsibility to the client
1. Before accepting an assignment, I shall confirm in writing to the client the scope and nature of the project involved, the interior design services to be performed, and the method of remuneration for those services.
2. I shall provide the client with written terms and conditions of employment prior to commencement of work.
3. I shall not knowingly accept any position in which their personal interests conflict with their professional duty.
4. I shall treat all knowledge and information relating to my clients’ intentions, production methods and/or business as confidential and shall not divulge such information without the consent of the client. Notwithstanding the above, however, I may reveal such information to the extent I reasonably believe is necessary (1) to stop any act which creates a significant risk to public health and safety and which I am unable to prevent in any other manner, or (2) to prevent any violation of applicable law.
5. I shall act with fiscal responsibility in the best interest of the client and shall maintain sound business relations with suppliers, industry and trades to ensure the best possible service.
6. I shall not sub-contract the principal design work commissioned by a client without the client’s full knowledge and consent.
7. I shall not accept payments or benefits which may impair my ability to remain impartial and transparent in all their dealings on behalf of clients.
8. I shall ensure that clients are advised of their own responsibilities.
C. Responsibility to other interior designers and colleagues
1. I shall neither accept instructions from my clients which knowingly involve plagiarism, nor shall they knowingly copy the work of another designer.
2. I shall neither attempt, directly or indirectly, to supplant another designer, nor compete with another designer by means of any unfair inducement.
3. I shall not knowingly accept any professional engagement upon which another designer has been acting, without notifying that designer.